Product focus: Increased safety enclosures series AS ASCS ASPS
The increased safety enclosures series AS, ASCS, ASPS are intended for use in those areas in which, during the normal activities, explosive atmospheres caused by gases, vapours, mists and/or air/dust mixtures are likely to occur.
These enclosures are made of polyester reinforced by fiber glass and are protected by increased safety “Ex e” for gas atmosphere and “Ex tb” for dust atmosphere.
The enclosures can be configured with threaded holes on the walls, cover and on the bottom to enable the control and warning accessories to be screwed on or to enable the passage of cables.
The increased safety enclosures series AS are mostly used as:
• derivation and/or cables collecting from the field to the control rooms, for analogic and/or digital and/or measure signals such as thermocouples, 4÷20 mA signals etc.
• clearing barrier signals and/or transportation signals from the field to the control rooms such as Field-Bus; Mod-Bus and Profi-Bus, Proximitor, temperature measuring transducer
• connection cables, with derivation or connection terminals, to join long distance cables to the motor terminal boxes and/or end users with lower section entry terminals.
The enclosures series AS can be connected each other via flanges.
The increased safety enclosures series ASCS are primarily used with the function of:
• control and start-stop of equipment such as motors, fans, pumps etc.
• reading of physical quantities such as flow, level, pressure, temperature, current, voltage, frequency, speed control etc.
on the cover of these enclosures several control and signalling devices like switches, push buttons, potentiometers and indicator lights as well as windows for the display of measuring instruments such as ammeters and voltmeters, while inside the enclosure we can install several electrical and electronic components such as temperature measuring transducer, Proximitor, multifunction terminals, circuit module, control circuit switch, indicator module, measuring instruments, temperature measuring transducer, Proximitor, multifunctional terminals, Megablock, Fieldbus device couplers.
ASPS series are used to supply movable equipment in Ex atmosphere. This series has the following configuration: fixed socket / movable plug. They can be equipped with sockets type 1P+N+PE, 3P+PE o 3P+N+PE – 20-32-63 A, with a maximum of 4 sockets per enclosure.
|Type of protection||II 2 G Ex e IIC T6°C or T5°C Gb
II 2 D Ex tb IIIC T85°C or T100°C Db
|Ambient temperature||-50 … +60 [°C]|
|Degree of protection||IP 65/66|
|Standards||EN 60079-0 : 2012/A11:2013
EN 60079-7 : 2007
EN 60079-1 : 2007
EN 60079-11 : 2012
EN 60079-18 : 2009
EN 60079-31 : 2014IEC 60079-0 : 2011
IEC 60079-1 : 2007-04
IEC 60079-11 : 2011
IEC 60079-18 : 2009
IEC 60079-31 : 2013
IEC 60079-7 : 2006-07